Holiday Throwback

  The holiday season is upon us and all I really want for Christmas is to finish my house! Of course that won't actually happen in time... You can see my updates in the last post in case you missed it. In the meantime, I'd like to remind you that there are a few simple holiday-themed projects already available here on the Crochet is the Way blog:

snowflake, winter, Christmas, holiday, free crochet pattern,


  • First, there are these Simple Snowflakes that use a modified picot stitch to create sharp points:


snowflake, winter, Christmas, free crochet pattern, easy

  Note: The links back to my tutorials on Guidecentral are no longer available... It seems I have some cleaning up to do on the blog! But you can find a photo tutorial for how to make the picot stitch in the pattern for the Eye of the Emerald Mandala.



  • Next we have a Holiday Trio of patterns which could be used as ornaments, jewelry and more:


holidays, snowflake, candy drop, Christmas tree, free crochet pattern

  Again, this is another post which contains links that no longer work, so I do apologize for the inconvenience! (I suppose that's always something I can work on getting done if I have my house finished in time for the holidays next year.) However, I do think the pattern for the candy drops is very simple to follow. Imagine making them using giant plarn and finger crochet like I did for my Giant Plarn Granny Squares!... That would make a cool yard decoration. (And the links actually work in that post, so you can get a photo tutorial and a video, too!)

  The Christmas trees are more complicated, and the snowflake earrings are probably the most difficult just because of the way I wrote the pattern. They finish in just two rounds! You could also make them with a worsted weight yarn and bigger hook for some quick decorations.



  • For the last of the snowflake patterns, there is another multi-pattern, the Snowflake Set:



snowflake, winter, coaster, ornament, Christmas, free crochet pattern

snowflake, winter, doily, ornament, Christmas, free crochet pattern

  As a bonus I'll include the link for the followup post in which I turned these pieces into a wall hanging, however, it's less of a tutorial and more of a "what NOT to do". I really should just stick to crocheting!

snowflake, winter, Christmas, wall hanging, art, doilies, holiday


  There are a few more holiday-themed patterns to be found around here, but I had some trouble retrieving more pictures. Check out the ever-popular Angel Decoration and the Magic Angel as well.

  Also if you're interested, the Holly Holiday Table Runner is for sale in my Ravelry store:

crochet pattern, Ravelry, holiday, table runner, holly, Christmas

  Please enjoy these patterns while I remain on hiatus. I'm eager to return to working on new patterns, but this house is just... What's the word I repeatedly used in the last post? UGH.

  I was happy to finally get my washer and dryer hooked up until we realized that the dryer vent hookup is pushed too far into the wall to actually use as a hookup... And then there's the outlet that came out of the wall when we moved the dryer back out to fix the vent... UGH again. Spray-foam insulation is NOT the proper way to attach an outlet to the wall! I'll save the pictures of that mess for the next house-update post.

  Until then,

Happy Crocheting!

Comments

  1. Still having fun in the house, I see. Sorry - One should not mock the afflicted... Hope you're still going strong here though! Try to get a moment or two a day to handle a hook instead of a screwdriver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Mock away, I don't mind. We've found so many things wrong that now I just throw my hands up and say "I'm not surprised". This house a great example of why a proper inspection should be done before buying! (But I wonder if an inspection would have found the little things, like the aluminum foil crack pipes that blew out of the AC vents?)

      With all this work to do, somehow I've still managed to start two WIP's! I feel like I shouldn't be buying yarn until I have a place to keep it, but I scored a major deal at a discount store. Had to put it on the hook ASAP :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Spam sucks! Your comment will not be visible until approval. Please do not include links in your comment without permission. Thanks!