24 Hours and Crocheting

  I don't know whether to say insomnia strikes again, or maybe it's just here to stay. But please don't offer sympathetic words over it, because that's not what I'm here for. Insomnia is just the fuel behind another creation that will soon be available to you:


doily, mandala, crochet, WIP


  Seriously, that doesn't look like the work of a crazy sleep-deprived person, does it? Right, but that's only the finished product! I was happy with the beginning of this creation, but hit a snag in the design as my brainpower began to fade with exhaustion. Being absorbed in the Granny-Spiration Challenge, I decided to fall back on that safety net known as the granny stitch. 


doily, mandala, crochet, WIP


  Maybe that did look like some crazy sleep-deprived person's work. Remembering he has a job, Rip van Winkle got up and commented "cool" over the design. I hated it. The granny stitch just didn't fit in with all the rest of the lace. I told Rip I was going to rip it all out. He thought I should leave it, so I decided to make a cup of coffee and think it over...


doily, mandala, crochet, WIP


  I admit it didn't look too bad. But I still didn't like it. After 24 hours of being awake and adding coffee to the insanity, I got excited to throw some spike stitches in the mix. It couldn't hurt to play around before ripping out all that work.


doily, mandala, crochet, WIP


  An hour of moving stitch counts around, and I still wasn't happy. Was I just that tired, or was it a sign that I had made a mistake that needed to be fixed? Or am I just that stubborn that I can't be happy with a design that had no flaws?


doily, mandala, crochet, WIP


  Yup, I have a coffee cup that answers that question... Despite all the uplifting synonyms you could slap on a mug, the thing that sums up most Aries is stubborn. My brain wasn't happy with the design, and that wasn't going to change. 


doily, mandala, crochet, WIP


  So, no granny stitches this time. I felt like all that lace needed some picots instead. Ninety-six picots later, I'm ready for bed at 2 pm. Just wanted to stop by here to say "look what I made" first, then I'm (hopefully) off to that alternate universe known as sleep. I often dream of crochet while I'm there, so maybe another design will be born soon. Until then...


Happy Crocheting!

Comments