The Ends of the Day

  We had another one of those "he doesn't get it" moments tonight... It's been a long day of finishing the squares for that baby blanket I started, and I continued to work on them right up until dinner time. With Rip van Winkle looking a bit annoyed that it was yarn and not food on the table, I decided to tidy up my mess.


  Picking up the pile of yarn scraps left over from the tails, I said: "I guess it's time to get to the ends of the day"... And he didn't get it at all. A perfectly corny joke about yarn ends went over his head without so much as a smile. But like we've discussed before, he's just not a yarn-y person. It's not his fault.


yarn, crochet, yarn ends, baby blanket, squares


  I wondered if I should let my lame pun fade away, but then I had to turn it into a blog post. An attempt at comedy may have failed, but it's not getting me down. Tomorrow will bring the joining of squares, and hopefully a finished project. And I'm still laughing at my own joke in my head. That's all that really matters, right?

Happy Crocheting!

Comments