Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Play Time!

  Uh, oh! With all the rain we've been having, it looks like another critter has made its way into my house... It's a good thing I have kitties to take care of the problem! Jump Steady to the rescue!


...Jump? Wanna get a mouse for me?


crochet, cats, cat toy, mouse

Um, Jump Steady? We need your help here!

I'm tired, leave me alone...



crochet, cats, cat toy, mouse

You do know that you're a cat, and that cats are supposed to chase mice, right? You should wake up and do your job!

Yes, but I'm also a cat, and cats never do what you want them to. You should know better.



crochet, cats, cat toy, mouse

But, I think you'd have a lot of fun if you would wake up for a little while...

Fun? I thought that was only for waking you up at 3 a.m.!


crochet, cats, cat toy, mouse

*Yawn* Fine... If you say so... This better be worth it...



crochet, cats, cat toy, mouse

Oh, a mouse!  

Yes, Jump Steady, but we need you to play with the mouse so it's visible in the photo. Can you try a little harder, please?



crochet, cats, cat toy, mouse

Let me get this over with faster... I'll just bite its head off so I can go back to sleep.

Well, you can't actually kill it, Jump. It's just a toy I crocheted so you will stop waking me up at 3 a.m. playing with your favorite jingle ball.



crochet, cats, cat toy, mouse

What? A toy? For me? It's PLAY TIME!

Yes, but, um... Jump, we still need a decent picture of you playing with the toy so I can use it in the pattern post!



crochet, cats, cat toy, mouse

Oh, you mean this whole thing was a setup? Fine. I'll take my new toy over where it blends into the carpet. Then I'll go back to sleep... I need to prepare for more 3 a.m. jingle-ball-playing, after all... 

-  -  -  -  -

  Well, I tried. He really does love the new mouse toy when the camera isn't on him. But he is a cat after all... They only pose for pictures when you don't want them to. 

Happy Crocheting!

8 comments:

  1. CATS!!! Last week MacLeod brought us a living mouse into the house, dropped it in the middle of the living room and while four adults were chasing that poor little creature, he went for a nap!!! ARGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marjan, I'm sorry but I had to laugh. Kitties always seem to assume that we want to do the same things they do! (Or that we should do their job for them, lol.)

      Delete
  2. Haha! I was going to comment Jenny and then I saw Marjan's comment and had to laugh. That's why I'm a dog person. But I still like your play mouse for your cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs are our friends, and cats are tyrants, lol!

      Delete
  3. My cat is a rather good mouser, and turns her nose up at the toy versions. I just wish she wouldn't stash her little finds in places I'd really rather she wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, they are so good at doing that! Jump has a neurological problem which leads him to do almost nothing all day. But I've had other cats bring me their "surprises", and it's so not fun!

      Delete
  4. Put a little cat nip in the stuffing and the cat would play right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try that when he's done with his current session of staring at the wall for hours, lol.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed your time, and feel free to ask questions.