Happy International Crochet Day!


  What will you do to celebrate International Crochet Day? As always, I'm going to crochet for charity (#crochetforcharity)! However, it seems like that's all I do anymore, so a little of the excitement has been taken from it this year. At first that made me sad, and I didn't know what to write about for our "holiday". But geez, get over it, right? That's just a depressing way of thinking about it.


Celebrating International Crochet Day



  So let's start over: Today I'm going to crochet for charity, yay! And it's all in celebration of International Crochet Day! (There, is that better?) I've been stuck on July's Scarf of the Month, and today is the day to finally get it done. Promise. It's really a simple design, but one you need to pay lots of attention to on assembly. And my assembly work keeps getting interrupted, so I keep messing it up. Today is the day of no interruptions (ha!), staying focused (double ha!), and completion (even if it kills me).




Crocheting the July Scarf of the Month


  Looking at a little peek of it, you're probably wondering "How in the world is that going to be a scarf?", but you'll see it soon enough. It will be awesomeness, because I will finish it on International Crochet Day.



Cat, crochet


  Well, I'm going to try really hard to get it finished today. Jump Steady seems to think the pieces of July's Scarf of the Month are his new toys. He's been misbehaving exceptionally well, and I'm at my wit's end with him. There's no going outside for him, because it won't stop raining and we are sooooooo flooded! This cat is nuts and the whole thing is dampening my spirits about this wonderful day.


  Anyway, on to you! If you don't want to crochet for charity to celebrate, what can you do? Let's start with: Crochet! International Crochet Day is the perfect day to just crochet. Do it at home. Do it in the car (while someone else is driving, please). Do it in public. Just crochet something!



  Teach someone to crochet. Crochet a gift for someone special. Crochet something special for yourself! Whatever you do, try to make today an extra-special day of crochet.



  I'm going to keep this short and leave the rest up to you! I'll still be here, trying to track down the rest of the pieces for that scarf. The Scarf of the Month program is getting caught up again, and I won't let this set me back anymore! The cat can have the darn pieces he stole, and I'll crochet new ones. Once I get it done, maybe I'll spend a little extra time looking for a charity that will take my creations!


crochet for charity


Happy Crocheting!

Comments