A New Horizon


  My life is changing... Rapidly, to say the least. More like turning upside down... But I always try to make the best of things, and whether the changes that happen are for better or worse, you have to keep moving forward. Towards a new horizon...


That's my backyard, by the way. It's okay, you can be jealous.



  Lately I've felt a sense of urgency towards moving forward, especially with Crochet is the Way. Thanks to all of my wonderful readers and friends, the blog has become something more than an unknown space in the vast sea of the internet. Although I've had a few roadblocks lately when it comes to getting things done on time, it's still time to move forward. I want to say thank you to everyone who has commented here or on social media to let me know that you share the same problems, you know how I feel, or that I've helped you in some way. It has inspired me to do what I've been putting off for a long time: Move forward...


  So, if I'm ready to move forward, then why am I so nervous? My hands are sweaty and shaking, and every voice in the back of my head is screaming "NO! Why did you do that? This is the biggest mistake you'll ever make!"... But that's just anxiety, isn't it? I know that my readers are wonderful people that will tell me "good job", even if it's not perfect. Without further ado, before I can delete what I've done in a fit of nervous doubt, here's my very first series of crochet videos:



Part One of the series shows you how to work the first three rounds of the Magic Angel.




Part Two will walk you through the fourth round.




And Part Three cuts short, but covers the entire fifth round.


  I know it's not perfect, and I hate the way I had to edit the end of the last one... But I can't figure out why my camera shuts off in the middle of recording! At least I made it through the pattern before it stopped, but the last part for how to add the halo to the Magic Angel is lost forever. Without a beep, buzz, or click, my camera just... shuts... off... With plenty of battery and card space. And it's really hot - So, I think I have a problem here! Still, I managed my first series of videos (and uploaded them without breaking the internet), and I think they came out okay. I hope you like them, too.


  As for what's beyond this horizon, I don't know. What I do know is that I'll continue to attempt videos until I can upgrade/fix my equipment. And I'm not going to keep letting things stand in the way of the progress of Crochet is the Way. One way or another (for better or worse), there's going to be some big changes around here.


Happy Crocheting!


P.S. I really don't know what I'm doing; I'm brand-new to making videos! My crochet videos should be public, and the rest of my stuff should be private. But... Just in case the rest of my stuff is public, sorry if you don't like heavy/black/death/nu/thrash metal!

P.P.S. If you do like heavy metal, black metal, death metal, nu metal, thrash metal... Or just any METAL(!), drop me a comment some time! I'd love to start a metal stitch group :)

Comments