Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wednesday Wishlist







Have you ever really wanted to try a new product, but it's not in your budget?
Do you fall in love with projects, but you know you just don't have time right now?

-  -  -  -  -

*The purpose of the Wednesday Wishlist is to raise awareness and donations for the Scarf of the Month program through crochet and yarn-related products. Although this week's picks are just some personal likes for fun, all donations will still go towards the program.


-  -  -  -  -

  I can make a long list of all the techniques I've conquered as an advanced crocheter. But, recently I realized that there's a list of products that I haven't tried. So this week, I'll let you in on a secret I've been hiding...




Here are my picks of the week:



Crochet So Lovely by Kristen Omdahl:

Image from Interweavestore.com
  As a designer, I tend to write my own patterns before I buy a book for one. I often see something that grabs my interest, but I'll want to change the edging, or some stitches, or make it in thread instead of yarn. But Kristen Omdhal's new book, Crochet So Lovely has made my wishlist. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy to see the techniques she used to create these beautiful patterns.

  Visit the Interweave Store to check out pictures of other projects in this book, and I bet you'll want a copy, too! (By the way, at the time I linked to it, the book was on sale!)




Susan Bates Crystalites Crochet Hooks:


Image from redheart.com

  Okay, here's the big secret I'm ashamed of: I have never, ever used an inline head crochet hook. I learned with a tapered hook, and I have stayed with a tapered hook. Call me dedicated, or call me inexperienced, I'm not sure which. Most crochet teachers will tell you to learn with an inline head. I didn't have a teacher, or an inline head hook. I only had some books and my mom's/grandma's old tapered hooks.

  Anyways, it made me think that I should give it a try, just to be able to say I've done it. I'll probably go right back to my tapered hooks, though. But since I was looking into it, and I need a new set of larger hooks, and because these are a reasonable price that I can actually afford, I think I'm just gonna go ahead and get these. Yup, and then maybe review them, so you all can find out what my first time with an inline head hook was like.

  Also: "Ooooo, pretty colors!"


-  -  -  -  -


  So, as I said at the beginning of the post, this week's picks are only personal, and they actually have nothing to do with the charity program, and that's why no donations raised through this post will be used for the purchase of these products.

  Well, maybe I'll use the hooks to create one of the scarves, and maybe I'll pick up a new technique to use on a pattern from Kristin Omdahl's Crochet So Lovely, but they're still for my personal use. None of your donations will ever go towards my personal purchases.

  

Click the donate button on the right if you can help me out! I love to play with yarn, even if I don't get to keep (or make money from) the item I've made. All donations will support my Scarf of the Month program. Every month, a new scarf (or set) will be designed to donate to charity. As a thank you for your donations, the pattern will be provided for free the following month!







2 comments:

  1. I've never seen or heard of these hooks! They look really nice! It shouldn't matter what hooks you use! I use the cheapies! I do have a few that cost a little more but only use them for certain projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, I agree, it really shouldn't matter what hooks you use, as long as you're comfortable with it! Thanks!

      Delete

Okay, I took up enough space - Now it's your turn!
I welcome your comments, questions, and feedback.