Thursday, June 11, 2015

New Free Patterns!







Links now, patterns later... Sorry!





  I've been so busy with the blankets for the World's Biggest Stocking project that I haven't been able to keep up with sharing all my free patterns on Guidecentral! What I really like to do is also provide the written pattern here on the blog when I make a guide for a crochet pattern, but lately, there just hasn't been enough time for me to get it done.






  I promise I'll write them out eventually, but for now, I'll just share the links with you. And, you know, as usual... Maybe you could "like" a few of my guides and help me make a couple extra cents. If you're a DIY'er of any kind and you haven't checked Guidecentral out yet: GO DO IT! I'm not the only Maker with crochet patterns available, plus you'll find all kinds of crafts and DIY projects... And when you check out my guides, you'll find more than crochet! Okay, so you'll mostly find some yummy recipes, because it seems like the only time I'm not crocheting is when I'm cooking...




  Anyways, I know ya'll don't want to hear all my "blah, blah, blah", you want the free patterns, right? Clicking the pictures will take you straight to the link. Here you go:




Tire Coasters for a car lover:

Designed with Father's Day in mind, these would make a great gift for any car lover! Personalize with a phrase, name, or a favorite car brand.




Tiny Thread Daisies:

This is a cute little project that will help beginners get used to working with thread! These daisies could be used for decorations, jewelry, and more.




Happy Jellyfish:

I gave up on trying to embroider eyes and started using buttons to save my sanity. The result: How cute are these?




A Fun Little Piggy:

This applique is another result of giving up embroidery for eyes: This little guy makes me smile every time I see him!




A Cute Little Kitty:

My last attempt at embroidering eyes (lol). I was going for a sleepy-kitty look that I couldn't achieve using buttons. In hindsight, I think I should have made a normal cat eye, then created the sleepy look with an eyelid.  




A Small Plant Hanger:

My collection of orchids is growing and growing (no pun intended...but ha!), and I had to design a pattern that would finish quickly. It took me longer to get the wire bent for the ring at the top than it took to crochet this hanger. 





Check out my entire list of guides for other DIY projects you might have missed:

1. Perfect prime rib with Au Jus
2. Flower string lights
3. Stone candle holders
4. Strawberry pancake syrup




My tire coasters were included in this week's Featured Guides! Don't forget to check out what other Makers are up creating, too!

Image from Guidecentral's homepage 




Have fun!





2 comments:

  1. The jellyfish are adorable! And I am adding the Stone Candle Holders to my things-I-must-make list. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      A tip about the candleholders since I've made more - Use a quick-set epoxy adhesive. The all-purpose Liquid Nails I suggested in the tutorial pops off of the base if it heats up from the candle.

      Happy crafting!

      Delete

Comment moderation is now enabled because of those nasty spammers - Sorry!
Your comment will go through after you click "publish", but it won't be visible until approved.