Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Yarn Tales Tuesday





Blog Update




  Hi, everybody! I hope your viewing experience is going well. If you've been here before, then you probably noticed I've made some changes. 



  This isn't the typical Yarn Tales Tuesday subject. Usually, I actually talk about yarn! But, since this subject is about the Crochet is the Way blog, and the blog is all about yarn (and plarn), I'm squeezing this in here because I desperately need help from all of you.





  I need you to leave some comments! Let me know what you think about the changes I've made. The new look has come about because I've had a few complaints about the way the site works. Now there are more share buttons available and the page should load faster, but it's caused some of my stuff to move around.



  The remodeling work is pretty much done, but I may still make a few changes in the next few weeks. Please bear with me if there are any problems because of it, and let me know if you have any difficulties viewing the site. In the meantime, let me point out some of the differences to get you familiar with the new appearance.



  • Pages are still at the top, but the look of the tabs are different.

  •  Included at the top under the post title are new share buttons. Now you can share a free pattern or crochet tip with email, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or on Google Plus.

  • To the right of the post, you can easily follow Crochet is the Way on Google Plus, Pinterest, or Facebook.

  • Also to the right is where you will now find the blog archive. Browse the archive if you would like to check out older posts. There are plenty of free patterns and tutorials, along with other Yarn Tales Tuesday articles, where your opinion is welcome on any of the random subjects I come up with.

  • *If you would like to search the blog for a specific pattern, tutorial, or subject, you can use the search box at the very top of the page. For example, type a subject such as "baby blanket", "tutorial", "holiday pattern", etc.

  • Back to the right sidebar, There is a growing link list of other sites that have featured my patterns and tutorials. Please give them a look, too. They're all great sites that have interesting patterns and tips to check out. (Also, if you've featured one of my patterns and your site isn't on the list, please let me know. I greatly appreciate the links and want people to know about you, too!)

  • The final part of the sidebar is where you'll find helpful tools to subscribe to an RSS feed, follow by email, and translate the page to other languages.

  • At the bottom of each post is where you should find the comment box, and this is where I need help from all of you. Can you find it? Sometimes when I open the page it's there, and sometimes it's not! So please let me know if it's not there for you, too. I can't fix it if I don't know it's broken. If you can't leave a comment because the box isn't there, you can contact me through Google Plus or Facebook.


  Well, that's about it! I changed all this stuff because of you: The readers, my faithful followers, haters, and newbies too, so I hope you like it. There's just one thing I'd like to put my foot down on: I'm not changing my background. I like it.






  Remember to contact me if you have any problems, but I'd like some opinions, too. Is it easier to view this way? Does it load faster for you? Can you find the comment box? If you have any suggestions for how to make it better, let me know. And why does everybody hate my background?



Thanks for visiting!




2 comments:

  1. looks pretty good, i have change my format too a million times but I think I finally have my crochet blog together too. good luck and I made sure to follow you to see your newer posts

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is now enabled because of those nasty spammers - Sorry!
Your comment will go through after you click "publish", but it won't be visible until approved.