WBS Blanket Progress: Color Three


Blanket One: Color Three

  Let's speed things up a bit in this post... See the work on color two if you missed it, or if you're new to the project, you can start from the beginning


  As always during this project, please understand that these are not my patterns. If you haven't downloaded them yet, you can get all the patterns for the World's Biggest Stocking blankets from the Yarnspirations website. I'm only sharing my work so you can all crochet for charity and be part of a world record, too! Download the pattern for this Big Granny Square Blanket here




  Remember, you don't have to make these blankets with Caron United, or in the colors the pattern calls for. Just try to keep the colors cheery, and make sure your finished blanket measures 36" (91.5 cm) square.




The next color that the pattern calls for is dark green. But first, as in the last post, I have to untangle a knot! This time, it's both ends of the skein tied together. I'm not trying to knock this yarn. I like it; I like it a lot. It's worth untying. Caron, I love you, but you're always too tied up to begin a project! What gives? Do you have yarn tangling trolls living in your factory? It's okay. I have one of those in my house. Just give them a cookie once in a while to keep them happy!


Join the new color with a slip stitch (sl st) in any corner chain-3 space. As in the previous rounds, the corner will begin with chain (ch) six, to count as the first double crochet (dc) and the corner ch-3. 


And don't forget to chain one before the next set of double crochet!


In this round, you will make (3 dc in the next ch-1 space and ch 1) three times before the next corner. 


For the next corner, you will make (3 dc, ch 3, 3 dc), and ch 1 before the next set of dc. Can you handle finishing the round without the pattern yet?


Remember to end with 2 dc in the beginning corner space, then join to the third chain of the beginning ch-6. And like all other rounds, you will begin the next with a sl st in the corner ch-3 space.


You'll find this round is just like the rest, but this time, there will be four sets of (dc, ch-1) before you reach the next corner.


Keep repeating around, closing with 2 dc in the beginning corner space, and joining with a sl st to the third chain of the beginning ch-6. Bind off, and weave in those ends until next time!


Like last time, I'll show you both versions that I'm creating! The version you see in the working photos is turned every color change. The blanket you see here is the version that is worked completely in the round. I take working photos of the turned version because it's "more square" to me. This round version is a bit more floppy, and needs extra blocking. How are you creating yours?



Comments